1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12v Triggers and active speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Paul Alamo, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Paul Alamo

Paul Alamo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully this post is in the right place

I have three active speakers (F, C, L) and my pre-amp has a 12v trigger but the speakers do not have a trigger. Is there any way I can control the mains power via the 12v triggers to switch on these speakers. I have seen RF remote plugs put how do I get a 12v trigger to set them on and off.

Any help is apreciated.

2. HDPete

HDPete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Paul,

try this: http://www.quasarelectronics.com/3084.htm

I will soon have a Meridian G68 & G98 and will use the 12v triggers to activate my 240v screen.

Thanks to others here, I found that this unit is exactly what I / you need.

Hope that helps.
    Peter.

3. Johndl

Johndl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    also gone for this, just what I need to turn on my extra amp for the back speakers. Quaser don't do the boxes for it , so any suggestions? Had a look at Maplins and couldn't see any. Thanks, John

4. Johndl

Johndl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    arrived and fitted. Just the job. Went in a regular single wall-mountable box with a couple of small bolts. Found there was an extra connection to be made, but customer services were very helpful on the phone. Is this another little box for J.S. Technology or someone else to have ready made? Could be a great little power buy. Anway thanks again to these forums for another problem solved. Cheers, John