12v Trigger

Kylie

Standard Member
I have a problem in that the above is no longer activating my screen.

I had the system installed 14years ago. projector and screen have been upgraded since then without any issues. The screen is imbedded in the ceiling and not easy to gain access(not impossible). a few weeks go I tidied up the back of my rack removing a load of reduntant cable (i know, a mistake) and now the 12v does not work - this may or may not be a coincidence.

In the rack is an onyko amp which has a 12v out. The projector is a pani which i have a twin cable in to the 12v trigger only one is terminated with a mini jack. I did find a torn cable in the rack with a mini jack on it but it is single core cable. I also found a twin cable with no plugs on it I stripped wire back and did a continuity test with the non plug cable back at the projector.

Would it be normal practise to take the 12v trigger to the amp then on to the screen motor? or
would it go direct to the screen.
Is the trigger in the rack a red herring? and the cable in the ceiling may go direct to the PJ

In order to access the screen I need to Iift carpet to access a trap door and the wife is not having that at Christmas (guess the Dolphins Raiders game is on the smal screen on Saturday)

Sorry I am quite techie but I have never given it any though as to how the signal get from my PG to the screen motor
I hope I have explained this clearly

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom