Question 12v trigger out question?

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question I hope can be answered. I am in the process of upgrading my Processor and the new processor will only have 1 x 12v trigger out. I need to power 2 x power amps from this trigger output but not sure how I can do so? Both my amps only have 12v trigger inputs and no outputs so I can not daisy chain them unfortunately.

What I need to know is, how can you split a single 12v trigger out from the back of my processore to power 2 x power amps with only inputs.

I know Emotiva do this:

Emotiva

however I would rather buy something cheaper and from the UK. Would appreciate any help!

Kind Regards..

stevos

Distinguished Member
I asked a similar question a while back and it seems multiple people are just using a splitter cable to run multiple items off a single trigger.

Cocksure

I asked a similar question a while back and it seems multiple people are just using a splitter cable to run multiple items off a single trigger.

Yep did that for years, works a treat

Thanks guys but can you please send me s picture of the type of cable, the name or link where I can purchase it from please? Many thanks

MadScientist

Any 2-core copper cable should do, such as cheap speaker cable (as long as it's not too thick). Presumably your run is going to be short. I used bell wire.

I used the 3.5mm mono from CPC which is the same as above just slightly cheaper :)

PSG01740 - PRO SIGNAL - ADAPTOR, 3.5MM JACK P, MONO . | CPC UK

If you have a stereo one you can use that one that one too. (But usually they are wired as mono plugs.

6 Pieces 3.5mm Mono Audio Plug to 2 Port 3.5mm Jack: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I just made my own though by cutting a mono lead and wiring in a bell wire cable and the other end of the original lead

Maplins used to be good for things like this, no idea what their prices are like now though

Any 2-core copper cable should do, such as cheap speaker cable (as long as it's not too thick). Presumably your run is going to be short. I used bell wire.

Thank you all, much appreciated

Cocksure

Having read all the replies (including my own), i have come to the conclusion that we are all quite quite mad :) for the first time ever i feel sorry for the dealers :eek:

Amp is a k plus, sure here you go. WHAT 3 quid for a splitter, i'll make my own! :rotfl:

Last edited:

stevos

Distinguished Member
Of course we are mad, we are spending thousands on AV gear that could be spent way better places.

YESWIFE

Novice Member
Has anyone has issues with splitting this into say 3-5 triggers? Will this cause lower amperes since it's parallel ??

MadScientist

I think you run the risk of drawing too much current from the trigger source and potentially damaging it. Ideally you need to know the combined current draw of the targets to ensure it doesn't exceed what the source can output (which usually is only a few 100 mA).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom