1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12v Power Station

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by niccam, Jan 1, 2004.

1. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can any one advise me if a 12v portable power station is any good for my 12v video camera [which uses a 12v lead acid battery ] using a suitable lead ,have already used one those Yusa lead acid rechargable batteries so far no problems. Just afraid of votage problems too high, burn out circuts,etc Thank you niccam

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by 12volt power station do you mean a mains operated device or the ones which you recharge and carry about and often have large cables to jump start a car. If the latter then they are only a 12V battery put in a fancy box and will give no more voltage than the Yuasa you have been using, I often use one to run my camcorder via the cigarette - um accessory plug which these power packs also have. Should be OK.

But if a mains powered device just get someone with a voltmeter to measure it's output on load some of these do have poor regulation and on a light load like a camcorder may give a bit more voltage, but a plate on your camcorder should tell you what the safe maximum is, it is often more than the rated voltage.

3. niccam

niccam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Beejaycee, yes its the portable ones not mains.
    Yours niccam