12V or 18V drills

Yeah, but are they Li-ion batteries or Ni-Cad? Li-ion are pretty much essential for power tools. Their energy density is higher and they don't just suddenly die on you after a period of inactivity like Ni-Cad's do, in my (distant past) experience.

Yeah, but are they Li-ion batteries or Ni-Cad? Li-ion are pretty much essential for power tools. Their energy density is higher and they don't just suddenly die on you after a period of inactivity like Ni-Cad's do, in my (distant past) experience.
If you are referring to the Aldi ones they are Li-ion. I don't think anybody does Ni-Cad or Ni-MH anymore.

Ni-MH, thanks for reminding me, it slipped my mind what the last generation were :facepalm: :blush:

Ni-MH, thanks for reminding me, it slipped my mind what the last generation were :facepalm: :blush:
Li-ion will probably be replaced by solid state within the next few years. Double the storage for the same size.

Thanks for all help, got the dewalt 18v set, and already had a quick use, seem to be a good bit of kit. Although thought the batteries weren't right as the charge light was solid indicating full charge but the battery leds were only showing partial, till I found out you had to push them in the charger a bit more 🤦

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom