1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

128mb sony memory stick

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by T1969, Jun 18, 2003.

1. T1969

T1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, I am about to embark on a sony dcr trv 22, My question is how many minutes of video can i store on a 128mb memory stick. Also is the process of transferring to my pc via the firewire slot easy and can i do it using XP Pro? I am running an amd athlon 2200+ /120 gb hd. Usb2/ firewire and multiple memory card reader

Your thoughts would be appreciated....

Many thanks:)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    With your PC specs video capture/editing is simple :cool:
    Look for Movie Maker (part of the XP install). This is a basic editing package. Would suggest you get the free upgrade to MM2 from the MS web site as this adds a lot of extra features. Read the help file in there, it is very easy to use.

Mark.

3. T1969

T1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers will do...

4. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may find the quality of video you can record on the Memory Stick is quite limited.

5. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a Sony DV cam that has a memory stick, but it only allows me to record one 15 second movie with sound at a time. I only have a 64 megabyte memory stick, but I haven't checked out how much video it will hold. I'm planning on installing a firewire input to my computer, but for now, all I can do is download my video clips onto my computer by means of an floppy disc adapter(made by Sony), onto a file on my hard drive.
    If you're planning on downloading video onto your computer, I would ditch the idea of using the memory stick and just use the firewire input from your cam into your computer. Tunes Man.