1280 x 720 to projector (DVI) and 1024 x 768 to plasma (VGA) , possible?

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do that? Have one resolution for a projector via DVI and another resolution for a plasma over VGA from the same graphics card (ATI radeon 9600)?

Cheers,
Andy.

Only if you dont use clone mode, you can extend the desktop the way you describe or use hot keys to switch the primary monitor using clone mode.

Thanks guys

Andy.

JohnS said:
Only if you dont use clone mode, you can extend the desktop the way you describe or use hot keys to switch the primary monitor using clone mode.
If only :cool: . Still can't get mine working like this even though it used to a few months back. I'm sure it was a Catalyst upgrade that knackered it but even going back to v3.6 it still refuses to work.

2 displays - YES
Different resolutions - NO :thumbsdow

Good luck.

i have managed to get this to run fine using NVidia drivers on my 9000 IIRC, and other cards. Put the mode to spanning desktop, and you can have any sort of resolutions you want on either screen, and powerstrip can happily play with either setting.

i used to use 1280x1024 on my DVI as main, and 858x480 on my VGA out as 2ndary to a ptae100. Good luck it is possible!!!! (though maybe you may need a different card - it is worth it for sure though!)

Stu

I don't like extended desktop though. I want to use clone mode and it used to work but then stopped following a Catalyst upgrade. Never managed to get it back since :(

ahh, i got ya, but using spanned desktop it should be fine no?

I must admit, i never tried it with cloned desktop, as there was no need, the proj was films, and games alone. you cant get anything useful done at 858x480 :D :D

stuthemong said:
ahh, i got ya, but using spanned desktop it should be fine no?

I must admit, i never tried it with cloned desktop, as there was no need, the proj was films, and games alone. you cant get anything useful done at 858x480 :D :D
Agreed, but with a 1280x720 pj I often browse on it. Most annoying part is it used to work so I know it is (was) possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom