1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1272Q or D50 and (general) newbie advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Petran911, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Petran911

Petran911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, here is my story.. I am a relative newbie to the projector thing, and after thorough search, I am inclining towards the purchase of a CRT projector. I am seeking an entry level machine, but something that will keep me out of the upgrade business enough. I am considering a Sony 1272Q or D50 (or any other 7"), and I would like in your opinion, to hear about the things I must look for when considering a purchase, and your experience with used crt dealers.

Peter

2. mediamogul

mediamogul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Henry & James at crtprojectors.co.uk wont let you down. The most helpful guys ive ever dealt with, have sold me two fantastic pjs.backed up with great advice sometimes talking for an hour on the phone, nothings ever two much trouble.

3. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Petran

Have been thinking of the 1272 myself or somehting similar perhaps a Barco Graphics 801s. Money is the factor at the mo. The main issue for me, within this range, is the quality of the tubes, ie the least amount of burn for the money or the most even burn pattern if any over the max possible area (so you've got a workable surface area without sudden shifts in brightness or colour). I think for any buyer these are good issues to concern yourself with regardless of the specification of the projector. That seems to be the concensus of the more experienced (than myself).

Also what can you affor to feed it? I'm mainly intersted in DVD and would want an HTPC for maximum tweakability and great picture at an affordable price.

cosaw