1200 speaker package

newbie265

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for six speakers for around £1200ish in a couple of months time.I want floorstanders for the fronts and they need to musical and good for movies too.I also want to play sacd in the near future so would i be better off with four floorstanders?I will be buying an amp with pre-outs to connect a seperate stereo amp to it,i won't use the sub for cd replay so just needs to be good for movies.My room is 12ft wide by24 feet long.

You have loads of choice - B&W, Tannoy, Mission, MA etc etc.

You need to get to a dealer and find out which brand you like.

For SACD/DVD-A you are better with normal speakers at the back, standmount are probably easier to accomodate but 4 identical floorstanders would be great.

As a suggestion try Monitor Audio Bronze and Silver speakers, B & W 600 series.

Happy demoing :)

Gus

Your budget will restrict the choice a bit but something from Rel or MJ should do fine.

Originally posted by newbie265
Thinking about would I need a 'musical' sub as I play a lot of music dvds but won't be using it for cd replay?

A "musical" sub is better whether you listen to music or not as a "non musical" sub is one that may have power and depth but lacks timing.

On some cheaper subs the timing is so poor that on your music dvds you will find the bass guitarist playing a different part of the tune to the rest of the band.

If you are buying decent floorstanders you may find that not having a sub at all better than a poor one.

ok so would the second hand option be more realistic to getting a musical sub,I could maybe stretch my budget a litle further.What is the mission sub like in the m5 package?

You could stick your name down for one of the soon to be released BK XLS200's !! I'm more than happy with mine!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom