• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1200 fps

axiomprime

Unless your idea of cheap is 5 grand I don't think you'll have much luck. A few cams will do slo-mo but as the frame-rate gets higher the resolution gets lower. Casio do a few that'll go that high though.

axiomprime

The Casio Exilim F1 can do 600fps at 432x192 and I think they're 600quid. My Samsung R10 was 200quid and it'll do 250fps at that resolution. As a rule of thumb a camera can handle a certain amount of pixels each second, say 50 million, so you can have a hi-res picture at normal speed or a lo-res picture in slo-mo. You actually lose a lot of pixels every time you up the framerate but it's just a rule of thumb.

Hi-def slo-mo is still research equipment. Most sites that sell them don't even put prices on and the cameras themselves don't have buttons, screens, handles or storage. You need to plug them into a laptop to do anything.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom