12 Monkeys (1995) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 25/04/2022

12M_4K.jpg

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 stereo soundtracks
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven
  • The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)
  • The Film Exchange with Terry Gilliam, a 1996 interview with Gilliam and critic Jonathan Romney, recorded at the London Film Festival
  • Appreciation by Ian Christie, author of Gilliam on Gilliam
  • The Twelve Monkeys Archives
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Nathan Rabin and Ian Christie

Attachments

• 12M_4K (reversible_art).jpg
    12M_4K (reversible_art).jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
For anyone who's interested in the UK...

All four seasons of '12 Monkeys' is currently available via Sky/NOW if you access the new 'Peacock' service...

For anyone who's interested in the UK...

All four seasons of '12 Monkeys' is currently available via Sky/NOW if you access the new 'Peacock' service...
Great. Yet another digital service. Whoop whoop!

Love this movie. Should pick this up day one

So this is exactly the same as the Arrow Blu-ray in terms of case and slipcover with the same booklet (for early orders).

I'm still buying it! :D One of Gilliam's very best and probably my favourite Bruce Willis film too.

A brilliant film that ordinarily would have been a day 1 purchase on 4k bluray. But after being recently stung with mediocre (by today's standards) transfers like clockwork orange and star trek 3/4, I'll wait and see.
I've already got the bluray remaster and that maybe good enough.
Hopefully its worth buying and then I'll buy it. But not for sake of it. Not any more.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Never seen this.:blush:

The IMDB summary sounds pretty interesting though. Almost seems like a true story now :rotfl::rotfl:

I’m in - missed the booklet on the last Blu-ray release

Just had to...damn it...

How are Arrow for delivery on release date?

Not too sure as to what is to gain by buying this if I've already got the Arrow Blu-ray? Yeah, its is 4K and HDR with a couple of additional extras, but do I really need it?

The booklet is going to be the same as the one I received with the Blu-ray version.

Comes with Slipcover , strange they missed one with Frankenstein

Worked late so pretty tired..mines turned up today from arrow!

Dispatched from HMV

It'll be interesting to hear some feedback on this one as it's something I'd consider buying in the future.

However with Arrow's slightly patchy 4K record I wouldn’t now buy any of their titles without reading reviews first... :eek:

Admittedly this viewpoint is based upon what I've read in various threads on here, and not personal experience, and it also applies to any other product I'm likely to buy - I'm an equal opportunities cynic! :rotfl:

Mine came yesterday, anyone watched it yet ? What’s the A/V like ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom