12 Monkeys 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Next up, I'd love Arrow to give The Time Bandits the UHD treatment!

And Brazil obviously. I'm expecting Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas this year no doubt. I'd love Jabberwocky too but that's probably too much to ask for.

And Brazil obviously. I'm expecting Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas this year no doubt. I'd love Jabberwocky too but that's probably too much to ask for.
The Fisher King is what I'd be wanting next of his movies before any of these. None of those you mention have the lovely Mercedes Ruehl who got the, well deserved, academy award for best supporting actress for this movie.

Last edited:
The Fisher King is what I'd be wanting next of his movies before any of these. None of those you mention have the lovely Mercedes Ruehl who got the, well deserved, academy award for best supporting actress for this movie.
Gilliam laughs at academy awards.

Gilliam laughs at academy awards.
Maybe, doesn't stop him rooting for his actors to get one though....

When I brought up the subject, his first reaction was to cheer on Jeff Bridges and Christopher Plummer, each of whom has appeared in several of his films:

“I want Jeff to win one and I want Chris to win one,” says Gilliam. “Jeff, I would have thought this is his year.” Indeed, that’s what the consensus seems to be, as Bridges has virtually swept the awards circuit for his performance in Crazy Heart.

Great film, Madeleine Stowe fantastic.
Still looks sexy as hell even in 2022..unless she time travelled from the nineties?

12 monkeys is more like a documentary these days with Covid

Last edited:
'Sincerely, Ben Platt – 5 minutes but this time centred on the film’s star.'

I can't seem to find this extra on my copy... what or where is it?

'Sincerely, Ben Platt – 5 minutes but this time centred on the film’s star.'

I can't seem to find this extra on my copy... what or where is it?

Holdover from another review mate, thanks for the note, I've edited.

No further updates from Arrow I see, bar the non-committal tweet on 9th May.

Just watched 12 Monkeys for the first time after picking it up today. Really enjoyed it and another great 4K Disc from Arrow again.

Cant say I've spotted the repeat issue but I'll keep an eye out for it when I watch it again.

Just watched 12 Monkeys for the first time after picking it up today. Really enjoyed it and another great 4K Disc from Arrow again.

Cant say I've spotted the repeat issue but I'll keep an eye out for it when I watch it again.
Watched it tonight, agree I didn’t notice the error and I was keeping an eye out for it.
An enjoyable film still, Pitt’s performance irked slightly, very OTT, which certainly wasn’t how I remembered it. Great from Willis though, it’s nice to see him act and be very good. Stowe is an absolute stunner.

Watched it tonight, agree I didn’t notice the error and I was keeping an eye out for it.
Is there any chance you've both managed to buy a "fixed" copy and Arrow have quietly reissued this title?

Or am I just being far too optimistic?! :rotfl:

I assume it’s right back to the transfer/mastering stage, then a new encode followed by another disc run, so not an easy or quick fix.

I’m waiting until it’s confirmed the corrected version is in circulation.

Replacement programme now live.

Link: 12 Monkeys UHD Disc Replacement Programme - Arrow Films

12M_RP.jpg

12M_RP (part 2).jpg

Replacement discs for this have just gone live.

I just ordered this from Zavvi after getting a back in stock notification, I assume that means I will be getting the new revised disc and not old stock?

I just ordered this from Zavvi after getting a back in stock notification, I assume that means I will be getting the new revised disc and not old stock?
I’ve just ordered from Arrow @£18.00 + £2 postage for same reason (new stock). Added Robocop for good measure!

Are major retailers such as Amazon, Zavvi and HMV now selling the corrected release? Is there a way to tell from the external packaging?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom