12 metre HDMI cable run

fernando

Established Member
Reaction score
Need to run 2 of these from DVD and sky box to TV. Is there an alternative than running two cables with the same or better results or am I best of just buying 2.

Any recommendations on a nice cheap cable retailer?

Cheers.

There is an alternative.

That would be a 'switch' - They can cost as little as £19.99 or as much as £300. A switch would allow you to connect x2 short cables into a small unit and then send 1 long cable to your display.

However, the cost vs 2x cables is probably higher.

You would be best buying 2x cables for VFM purposes.

At 12m you will be able to transmit 1080p/60hz (most common 1080p signal) with relative ease, 1080i will be a breeze, however more demanding deep colour resolutions are unlikely to make it over this distance. Luckily there is hardly any deep colour source material about at the moment.

We sell a 10m Pro-2 HDMI cable for 24.99 or a 15m for 34.99, both will transmit 1080p no problem.

Available here: HDMI Cables, DVI to HDMI Cables, HDMI Mini Cables and Nintedo Wii Component Cables - HDMI Products

Hope this helps.

Hello fernando ,
I personally would go one 12m HDMI Cable Premium HDMI Cables and a Switch HDMI Switches. The reason is that we use 24 AWG cables for 10metre+ runs and they are 1cm thick. So hiding these babies is quite hard. Also using a switch allows you to expand your inputs in the future.

:clap:

I'm currently running a 12M AudioQuest 1-A HDMI cable to my TW2000. Have an Oppo HM-31 switcher to connect blu-ray, DVD and Sky digital. Works fine. Although, maybe just my eyes, but i'm sure the picture, especially with blu ray, is slightly smoother when running direct to the PJ. tested a few times. Might just be my old age ... unless anyone else has experienced a similar issue??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom