1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jan3826, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jan3826

jan3826

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of a manufacturer of 12" or under LCD Tv that are HD ready and additionally dual voltage(i.e.12 volt dc & 240V ac)??

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    This is a very unlikely option. With a screen that small you would be unlikely to see any advantage in having a HD picture. There may well be a set that will downscale a HD picture to SD, but again I feel it is an unlikely option as it would have no visual advantage. HD comes into its own with big screens. My best guess would be that 26" is the minimum realistic size for a HD screen.

3. jan3826

jan3826

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I quite agree on the size of the screen being too small for HD TV, but wont analogue signals be turned off in a few years time making the set useless?

4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    The switch off of analogue tv in the next 5 years has nothing to do with HD. The main source of tv will be digital SD. The only, present, course of action would be to buy a Freeview box, but the difficulty of the low voltage supply may prevent its portable use. The other difficulty is that many small screens do not have SCART connections. You would have to find a Freeview box with a modulated RF output so you could connect it to the tv aerial socket. These are now a bit rare. There will obviously be a demand for small digital sets running on low voltages which the market may eventually fill.

5. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    casio make a 2.5 inch HD tv, what for i cannot work out,but there must be a market

6. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    If you are talking about the TV 980 then the 'high definition' mentioned is nothing more than meaningless hype. The screen has less than 40,000 pixels which is pretty much the same as a camera display.