12 days of christmas

peebly

Novice Member
Hi

Apple have put there 12 days of Christmas app on iTunes app store for iPad and other iOS devices.

You get a free gift, An app or music, book etc each day from the 26th December to 6th January.

Its free don't know what you'll get but its thought that counts.

happy xmas

Last edited:

peebly

Novice Member
Today the app has started to offer me sound hound which is free app anyway.

Hope it gets better than this.

FallOutBoy

It will give you something different for free every day from boxing day. The last couple Of years it's been quite good. You usually get at least two good games, a couple of songs, a free movie etc, it's worth doing and fun to find out what the surprise is each day :)

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Today the app has started to offer me sound hound which is free app anyway.

Hope it gets better than this.

It's actually the usually paid for version called Soundhound ∞ which allows for unlimited tagging, the other version simply called Soundhound has limited tagging, so it's pretty good IMO

peebly

Novice Member
It's actually the usually paid for version called Soundhound ∞ which allows for unlimited tagging, the other version simply called Soundhound has limited tagging, so it's pretty good IMO

Didn't know that as it was in the free app section, Will download it later and give it a try.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
mrpop1 said:
The year before last (I think) one of the freebies was the James Corden/Mat Horne film Lesbian Vampire Killers - I almost asked for a refund!.... :rotfl:

Waste of HDD space that film is!

Oh, I hope they don't do another Cheryl Cole mix or something similar :eek:

Professor Chaos

Waste of HDD space that film is!

Oh, I hope they don't do another Cheryl Cole mix or something similar :eek:

or Michael Buble :laugh: ( think they did last year).

The Kylie mix was alright last year. I think they also gave away Broken Sword right?

Also, been meaning to ask this ... they gave away Let's Golf I a couple of years ago. I've since changed phones multiple times and wanted to re-download this again, but I see no sign of it in Itunes at all?? Has it been taken off itunes in favour of Let's Golf 3 ???

peebly

Novice Member
If I don't except this gift today will I be offered something different tomorrow, I absolutely despise coldplay.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
peebly said:
If I don't except this gift today will I be offered something different tomorrow, I absolutely despise coldplay.

You get today to download it and then everyday a different gift is offered that's how it's always worked, if you don't want Coldplay, don't download it and wait for tomorrow

Professor Chaos

I despise Cheryl Cole and Michael Buble, but I still downloaded their 'gift' last year. I havent played them at all mind. Deleted off my iphone/ipod long ago LOL

FallOutBoy

Don't worry, as stated above, you can just ignore today's download and wait and see if tomorrow's is any better. Just download the ones you actually want :smashin:

Paul D

Top gear special episode and The Trip with Rob and Steve. Both been on TV before so not bothered wasting my data usage.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Top gear special episode and The Trip with Rob and Steve. Both been on TV before so not bothered wasting my data usage.

you can also download from iTunes as opposed to via the app (as with all the other gifts) to do so, search for: 'The Trip: Middle East Special, Top Gear' and 'The Trip: Hipping Hall'

dc8900

Distinguished Member
today it's an ibook, The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo

never heard of the author before but I'm going to download and have a read

bpsmith

dc8900 said:

Always the best way to discover something new! My Wife and I used to regularly surf the Music on our ATV1 a few years back using the recommendations at the bottom to surf for things we had never heard of based on a starting artist we liked. Got some really random but cool stuff that way.

Off to get the book now...

Nesbo is a popular Scandinavian author often mentioned in the same vein as Stieg Larsson.

A decent freebie imo.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
and tonight it's: Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing

yep, a game!

dc8900

Distinguished Member
today it's 'Nothing but the beat' (Party Mix)- David Guetta

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage