12 Angry Men - A classic I don't see many people talking about. What's your opinion on it?

wenbilson

Standard Member
Hello all, I made this video on why I love 12 Angry Men -

I don't see many people talking about it that much and I wanted to share my love for the film and get your opinions on it. If you haven't seen 12 Angry Men, I'd highly recommend it for it's simplicity and how engaging and throughly entertaining it is.

What do y'all think? xx

bash

I saw it a couple of years ago for the first time. As you say, it's a classic that's aged very well. Being a classic I also agree for those who have never seen to seek it out asap

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
I really enjoy it too and for a dialogue driven film I think its quite rewatchable. Fascinating script and a terrific reflection of social attitudes, but in microcosm. Shows just how much we bring our own personal baggage and prejudices into our decision making process; how flawed our judgement can be; and how a fresh perspective can make all the difference. A few of the performances are a little shaky here and there if I'm honest; but for the most part the acting is spot on.

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
Funnily enough this was on my never seen classics list and I finally got round to watching it last week and thought it superb, the acting was top notch and there were so many faces I recognised even if I could not put a name to the face, for what is a single room drama it pitches itself perfectly with the tension ratcheting up nicely and although some of the dialogue is very outdated now it is easy to put yourself into that timeframe and just go along for the very enjoyable ride.

Saalty

One of my all-time favourites, made the girlfriend watch it recently under the premise that it was just 12 men in a room debating a court case. She reluctantly watched it with me. The DVD is now doing the rounds at her work as shes making everyone watch it because she loved it.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
It is a great film but not one where many people can talk about it. With it's simplicity of plot and setting there's not a lot to say. To be fair this is a current movie forum rather than classic movie forum and there are countless films not talked about,many greater than 12 Angry Men

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
rewatched it the other day, excellent film, some annoying characters, top acting, the weather plays a big part too. the only minor bit i did not gel was when they finally decided on a outcome, the guy come in just at the perfect moment to usher them back to the courtroom 9/10

Lee j Cobb / juror no.3 was my fav actor i suppose

004-twelve-angry-men-theredlist.jpg

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
i don t see many people talking about :D
the excellent 1958 A Night to Remember, film about the Titanic sinking, great film

Mark_a

According to a quick Google (so it must be true) there's been something like a half a million feature length films made over the years, which means the vast majority are rarely talked about so don't feel short-changed by it, it's in good company.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
In answer top the OP's question - it's a brilliant film. I saw it 1st time on CH4 on a sunday afternoon when I was a teen (43 now) and could not take my eyes off the screen, was mesmerised.

Seen it a few times since and still love it each time I watch. For such a simple premise it is so full of tension.

SDMDAM

Distinguished Member
IMHO it deserves the classic label. Dialogue is first class and the acting is very high quality. It carries a strong theme of prejudice and selfishness but also hope that there are people around that will try to ensure the right thing is done. Similar to my experience in court really although it was the opposite where most wanted to find the suspect not guilty.

So many classic movies to watch, one I watched recently was To Kill a Mocking Bird which has a great performance from Gregory Peck but not as good as the book.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Don't think well see the op back since posting his question probably posting the same on multiple forums.
In answer top the OP's question - it's a brilliant film. I saw it 1st time on CH4 on a sunday afternoon when I was a teen (43 now) and could not take my eyes off the screen, was mesmerised.

Seen it a few times since and still love it each time I watch. For such a simple premise it is so full of sweaty tension.

:smashin:

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Only seen it once. Back in 2011. Very good movie from what i recall. Gave it a 8/10.

Probably time for a rewatch.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I remember thinking "this is the best film I've seen in ages" when I watched it. And it was.
It's films like this one that provide me with the fortitude to weather the constant stream of bilge I find myself watching most of the time

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022