11 year old sons first PC build

Nic3112

Novice Member
Hi

My son is looking to build his first PC and we are all learning with him! Does this look like a decent set up? He already has a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Thanks

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus dual geforce gtx 1660 super
MSI B550M pro-vdh wifi
Evga 600 bq
Western digital Wds500g2 bob
Corsair vengeance 16gb
Nzxt HS10 caH510b

sykotik

What resolution is your son wanting to game at 1080p 1440p?

what is the ram speed 3000 \ 3200 or higher ? ( ryzen CPU's loves and works really well with fast RAM 3200 or higher )

this might sound daft and a little over kill for the rig but see if you can fit a 80% gold 750w PSU in there . ( down the line if your son ever wants to "upgrade" it will be one less part to buy ) for the sake of a few extra now could mean not having to buy a new PSU later

Nic3112

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply.
He’s at school just now so not sure of the answers yet, but I’m sure he’ll want the best resolution possible!!! I, however, don’t know if that’s necessary for his needs! He’s only going to be playing fortnite and mine craft on it just joke, the use it for school work in the future. We are total beginners so this is all new to us 😂
The RAM speed is 2400 I think - is that not enough?

Nic3112

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply.
He’s at school just now so not sure of the answers yet, but I’m sure he’ll want the best resolution possible!!! I, however, don’t know if that’s necessary for his needs! He’s only going to be playing fortnite and mine craft on it just joke, the use it for school work in the future. We are total beginners so this is all new to us 😂
The RAM speed is 2400 I think - is that not enough?

This is a good buy for ram at the moment for Ryzen. the rest of the system looks good :smashin:
Thats great thanks!!

sykotik

With the GPU now ( gtx 1660 super ) that will be ideal for 1080p gaming
so if you haven't got a monitor yet look for a 1080p 120/144hz
anything higher in resolution 1440p or 4k you will need a higher end GPU ( which will bump up the price of the PC quite a bit )

nothing wrong with 1080p gaming at all ...

Nic3112

Novice Member
With the GPU now ( gtx 1660 super ) that will be ideal for 1080p gaming
so if you haven't got a monitor yet look for a 1080p 120/144hz
anything higher in resolution 1440p or 4k you will need a higher end GPU ( which will bump up the price of the PC quite a bit )

nothing wrong with 1080p gaming at all ...
He’s said he’s happy with 1080p so that’s great thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom