10th Kingdom bargain??

P

Punster

Have I missed something or is it obvious to everyone. Over here the cost for the '10th Kingdom' is near if not over £40!! :mad:

But DVD BoxOffice have it on sale for $38:95 which works out at a little over £18, less than half price compared to R2!!!! :mad: So I ordered the set. :cool:

Seen other posts about DVD Box Office on this forum, and I can't fault them myself yet. My last orders this month did take 3 to 4 weeks but both arrived (Big Trouble in Little China 2 disc set & Porky's/Porky's 2 double feature).

I had a fried over in the USA recently. He brought me back a copy for about £15. We don't half get ripped off over here in the UK !!

On the other hand it is a good DVD which I throughly enjoyed

cheers
Jason

I bought this from ABsound when it first came out on R1 for the equivalent of about £13. BARGAIN!!

FWIW, I think Gullivers Travels is actually better. If you haven't seen it, go buy it.

Hi,

Here's a question to you all: why has "The 10th Kingdom" been released on Region 2 with an NTSC disc?! Surely, a PAL master could've been created, as not everyone has an NTSC compatible TV.

I know most of us do (own NTSC compatible equipment), but surely if even an R2 disc isn't properly UK-compatible, then it makes an even bigger mockery of our already ****-poor R2 DVD's?

Pooch

Is it really? That's **** poor. Does it go against DVD consortium agreement? Isn't Japan R2 NTSC? Bloody thing was made in England as well...

Taskmaster,

Yep - the "10th Kingdom" really is in NTSC format, even though it's a UK-produced Region 2 DVD!!! :eek:

I also think that the "Sex And The City" TV DVD's are the same as well. The link? They're all from Warner International, who release the majority of music titles on DVD, as well as the South Park TV series'. (How come they're in PAL format though?)

Me thinks that Warner is simply trying to either permanently p*ss-off R2 owners, or else being too cheapskate to get PAL copies done for the DVD editions. However, this does beg the question, what did they use for the VHS editions of the "10th Kingdom" and "Sex And The City" tapes then, if no PAL master was available to be used?

Pooch

The 10th Kingdom and Sex and the City were all filmed on NTSC, so conversion to PAL would have resulted in a poorer quality image.

BTW: The UK release of 10th Kingdom has been cut by the BBFC (double ear clap)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom