10m hdmi 4k cable required. Do I need optical

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
My current set up consists of an 8 Meter hdmi cable which works fine with my projector at 4k

However I am moving my room around and need a 10 meter hdmi cable

I may as well try to future proof it in the event I get a hdmi 2.1 projector in the future

I need a cable with a low sized end as I only have around 8 cm from back of projector to the wall behind

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hybrid Fibre cable would be our recommendation - either something which works for all current 4K UHD with HDR, Atmos etc signals or Hyrid Fibre which is going to work with an 8K signal (though hard to actually prove an 8K cable works at present).

We get great results and feedback with the HDFury 4K cables at 10m and 20m - see below.

Whichever cable you go with ensure it is easy to replace if it fails, is damaged or becomes obsolete and be aware that all ‘active’ cables, such as Hybrid Fibre cables are directional.

Joe

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
hi Joe how long are the plugs themselves - I only have a gap of around 8 cm to plug a lead into back of projector and the wall behind so need some space as well for the cable to be bent etc

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The HDFury HDMI clam shell is very neat - excluding the gold plated part which mates in the HDMI socket it is 38mm and the cable is flexible enough to make a 90' bend within your 80mm limit.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom