1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10m DVI-D cables - Are there really that few available?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ed_J, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Ed_J

Ed_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a 10m DVI-D to DVI-D cable, but the choice available seems very limited. I had intended to go for a LINDY (super long distance) as there seems to be several good references to LINDY cables in the forums, but LINDY are out of stock and won't have any 'til end of November! Other than that, there only appears to be cables in a much cheaper price range (I'm suspicious of the quality and don't want to make a mistake as it is going in a channel dug in the floor) or a much higher price range (e.g. MONSTER - do they do a 10m? or CobaltCable), which I hadn't budgeted for. Is that really all the choice there is? Can anyone help with other suggestions for good quality/vfm DVI cables? :lease:

I need the cable quick as the decorating will be finished soon and the wife wants the new carpet down!!

Thanks,
    Ed.

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
  3. Ed_J

Ed_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,
    Thanks for the reply, but 9m is too short. I've already mailed Joe and he has replied with some suggestions. Now all I need to do is win the lottery!! :D
    Joe, if you read this, no offence meant, but those cables are a bit pricey (as you hinted)!!

Cheers,
    Ed.

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I have a 10M Hitachi plasma controller cable which is two cables in one with one of them being DVI-D.
    I'm looking for £100 inc postage. I was going to advertise in the classifieds soon, but here is a decent 10 metre digital dvi cable you can have by the end of the week and at a fraction of the price.

5. Ed_J

Ed_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barrie,
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm now debating whether to look at an DVI/HDMI cable.

I'll keep this in mind, but don't wait for me to confirm before you put an advert in the classifieds!

I might have an extension on the timing for getting the cable now.

Cheers,
    Ed.

6. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Cable is now on the classifieds. :)