1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10m between source and display

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by S Helton, Nov 30, 2004.

1. S Helton

S Helton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Guys

In order to comply with my wifes aesthetic requirements in our lounge, I need to place my source equipment (DVD recorder and freeview box) around 10 metres from the display. As a compromise, I get a new LCD display :cool:

The DVD will be connected via component, and the freeview box via RBG scart. Will the 10m run cause me any problems ? I am mainly concerned about any loss of picture quality, as serious viewing will have the audio going through an amplifier.

I am willing to invest in some decent quality or custom made cables - any suggestions of suppliers also welcome.

Thanks.

2. xavk1

xavk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I too have just undertaken such a re-design of my setup.

I moved my amp, players etc 10m (as the cable runs) round the lounge from the Z2 PJ. I used a Mark Grant component cable (compared to a decent £50 1m component cable from Seven Oaks). I have not noticed any degredation in picture quality at all (it is possibly marginally better).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104551

Only slight warning is that Mark's component cable is not small - approx 2cm across the girth, so make sure you can live with that (on my display, the pictures in the thread are smaller than the cable is in real life!).