10A fuse?

lrbh

Novice Member
I know this power cable thing has been posted over and over again but i would like to know:

What happens if i use a cable that says 10A on it? Will the PS3 die, or is it just in case if somethings happen with the power and the cable can't stop it because the fuse is too high ?

I've search my whole house and lots of shops including eBay etc. and can't find any cables lower than 10A! (I live in Spain btw, but have also checked ebay.co.uk as i have a uk -> euro plug thingy).
I have 2 PS3's shipped and i need the cables asap!

shay0

Distinguished Member
I know this power cable thing has been posted over and over again but i would like to know:

What happens if i use a cable that says 10A on it? Will the PS3 die, or is it just in case if somethings happen with the power and the cable can't stop it because the fuse is too high ?

I've search my whole house and lots of shops including eBay etc. and can't find any cables lower than 10A! (I live in Spain btw, but have also checked ebay.co.uk as i have a uk -> euro plug thingy).
I have 2 PS3's shipped and i need the cables asap!
It depends how many amps the PSU can take. If you get a 10A plug, just stick a 3A fuse in it. That way, if the power spikes, it'll blow the fuse in the plug before the PSU in the PS3.

lrbh

Novice Member
Ok. But where do you change the fuse? All my cables are molded and the one on eBay looks molded too.
There is NO WAY to open my cables!

Guess i will have to order one from UK. To bad my PS3 arrives within this following week

lrbh

Novice Member
The molded plugs have a trap door for the fuse. :smashin:
Ok. thanks. looks like the EU cables don't have this door. checked about 5 cables now and there is no door :(
I'll buy one off eBay.co.uk and use a plug adapter.

Thanks for your help:)

hector-uk

Standard Member
Is it possible to plug the PS3 cable directly into the mains instead of using a PC or kettle power lead.
I hope to be in receipt of a US PS3 soon.
Basically i have a 3 pin adapter, which doesn't change the voltage but you stick the 2 pin plug (i.e. the original PS3 cable) into the 3 pin adapter which you stick straight into the mains. Like i said it doesn't change the voltage so it would be like plugging the PS3 cable straight in.

Any thoughts or advice would be really helpful

Thanks

Is it possible to plug the PS3 cable directly into the mains instead of using a PC or kettle power lead.
I hope to be in receipt of a US PS3 soon.
Basically i have a 3 pin adapter, which doesn't change the voltage but you stick the 2 pin plug (i.e. the original PS3 cable) into the 3 pin adapter which you stick straight into the mains. Like i said it doesn't change the voltage so it would be like plugging the PS3 cable straight in.

Any thoughts or advice would be really helpful

Thanks
that should be fine just make sure you have a 3amp fuse in the adaptor