• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1080p24 question for you smart people

Robiow

Yes, another question about the M87 (40")

I'm sorry, again and again this tv rears its head.

I have one final paycheck to blow before my mortgage starts, hence me being frugal.

This tv will only be use for SD tv, PS3,360 and Wii.

the m87 does true 1080p24. Will this effect the showing of a 1080p film and say 30fps through HDMI, or a game at 40 fps?

Is the screen locked at 24 fps? I really feel that during a fast moving game that I'd see the motion judder.

Or be honest, am I just being pedantic?

for bonus points, could someone work out how much it'd cost for a TV running at 240W and a playstation 3 running at 380W would cost to run an hour?

An answer to the above questions would really be great guys, I never thought I'd say it, but technology has overcome me now and I can't keep up!

ty!

Robiow

ok, if no-one can answer the first question...

do you think the pair would cost anymore than a quid per hour to run?

I've never had to pay utility bills before!

Blackbolt360

LCDs use less power than regular TV. They do not cost anywhere near a quid an hour, don't worry. You should be more concerned about the microwave, washing machine and things which have moving parts or raw power like an electric oven. Those are the items that are gonna cost you.

Robiow

Thanks for that, living on a knife edge budget and I thought it the best idea to buy a TV instead of curtains, cleaners, food etc.

jommy999

Thanks for that, living on a knife edge budget and I thought it the best idea to buy a TV instead of curtains, cleaners, food etc.

without food and die in front of LCD would be really good idea then. :smashin: heaven :rolleyes:

ps, last minute of life in front of 1080p run on LCD ^_^

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom