1080p24 on the Sony

P

Packetfront

As you all know the Sony can output 24 frames at 1080, the only one which can do that.

Shall i output 1080p24 to my Iscan VP50 or shall i output 1080i60 and let the VP50 do the conversion to 1080p24?

I am confused.

Avi

Distinguished Member
As you all know the Sony can output 24 frames at 1080, the only one which can do that.

Shall i output 1080p24 to my Iscan VP50 or shall i output 1080i60 and let the VP50 do the conversion to 1080p24?

I am confused.

IIRC the Pioneer also offers 1080/24p. What signal will you output from the VP50 to the dipslay ?

AVI

P

Packetfront

IIRC the Pioneer also offers 1080/24p. What signal will you output from the VP50 to the dipslay ?

AVI

I was considering outputing 1080p/24 to the panel thru RGBHV from the VP50.

Avi

Distinguished Member
I was considering outputing 1080p/24 to the panel thru RGBHV from the VP50.

Do you know how what freq your panel will then use to refresh the image i.e. 60hz or 72, 96hz etc ? That's the magic question as if it does not use an internal refresh that is a mutiple of 24 judder still occurs. ;)

AVI

P

Packetfront

Do you know how what freq your panel will then use to refresh the image i.e. 60hz or 72, 96hz etc ? That's the magic question as if it does not use an internal refresh that is a mutiple of 24 judder still occurs. ;)

AVI

I will have to try that out as the VP50 got a judder test pattern.

It will be interesting.;)

Avi

Distinguished Member
I will have to try that out as the VP50 got a judder test pattern.

It will be interesting.;)

Have fun.;) I use hd dvd 1080i to a Lumagen and then 1080p/48 to Sony Pearl. The playback is very smooth. Pity I can't get my Fuji plasma to look as smooth:(

AVI

P

Packetfront

But does the Sony player actually do any processing to get 1080p/24 out of the discs?

The format is already stored on the discs, just wondering....

The great thing also is that the player outputs 480i on HDMI :D

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
I read a reasonably well-substantiated suggestion on Ultimate AV Mag that the Pansonic DMP10 outputs 1080p by first taking 1080i from the decoder, in the manner that the Samsung does. With "only" a Sony SXRD RPTV to process the 1080i, the reviewer said 1080i output looked slightly better, so an external processor may improve things. I've never heard those sorts of suggestions for the SOny. This has to be suck-it-and-see , either here or over the pond, I think.

Nick

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom