1080p stuttering video resulting in audio sync issues

RMF1

Novice Member
Hi folks,

I'm having real issues playing 1080p files of assorted formats. .mkv .mp4 and .wmv stutter and I get audio sync issues.

Specs:

Vista Ultimate - Core AVC installed and preffered in file merit. Graphedit reports that the codec is in use for mkv files

AMD [email protected] 6000+
8800GTS 640MB
2GB 667mhz Kingston
WD 500GB SATA primary drive.

9 out of 10 1080p files that I play stutter, audio drops out of sync. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling codecs. I'm using zoom player, but I get the stutter no matter which software I use.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at my wits end.

TIA

Zarch

What audio codec are you using?

Are you using spdif output to an amp?

Are 720p files ok?

Zarch

I'm just using ffdshow for the audio. And yes, I'm using spdif output to my amp.

720p files are perfect.

Thanks.
MMMM, is it just DTS tracks that are the problem? are AC3 okay?

I'll you tell he problem i had. (i'm not going to EDIT this for Deksawyers sake!) LOL.

Any 720 or 1080 mkv that had DTS tracks caused stuttering and flaky playback, but AC3 soundtracks were fine.

I tracked it down to the fact that the version of ffdshow i was using had a bug around DTS tracks.

If this sounds like what is happening to you, i'd suggest either one of the following:

Either install the latest version of ffdshow

OR

Install AC3 filter and disable DTS and AC3 in ffdshow audio config (this is what i did)

I've not had any problems since......

Hope this helps.

PS. Please remove the thumbnail as it shows copyrighted material. (the mods are very hot on this!)

deksawyer

Sorry to digress, but;

I'll you tell he problem i had.
You been on the sauce already this morning Mick? :smashin:

D.

Zarch

Sorry to digress, but;

You been on the sauce already this morning Mick? :smashin:

D.

Come on, it was 7:49 in the morning.... a man barely awake!!! ;)

I think I must have been on the sauce - I read it as it was meant to, and didnt catch what was the matter with the sentance until after I had read the emboldened part....:rolleyes:

RMF1

Novice Member
Sorry guys, I forgot to get back to you on this.

Re-installed Vista, problem solved. :clap:

Zarch

Sorry guys, I forgot to get back to you on this.

Re-installed Vista, problem solved. :clap:
Well thats one solution!! LOL. :clap:

RMF1

Novice Member
Well thats one solution!! LOL. :clap:
:rotfl:

Well I'd tried everything else. This has been an ongoing issue for months now and I had just had enough of troubleshooting this nonsense. I'm 100% sure it was a windows problem as I'd tried uninstalling and reinstalling absolutely everything else.

I'm just glad it's fixed.

Thanks anyway.