1080p streaming not working.

mikelav456

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to stream 1080p trailers I downloaded off the quicktime website but every 5-10 seconds during playback it freezes then restarts, making it impossible to watch. Sometimes it even cancels out of the video and displays an error message saying something about the codec (which is dumb because it was playing the beginning of the video just fine).

Any ideas?

How is xbox connected to network, wireless or wired.

If your talkng wireless then I;m afraid without a nigh on perfect signal your not going to get HD streaming from the wireless adaptor/wireless in any way.

If it's wired then I'ld tend to go looking at the source to see if it's got issues streaming HD material. Perhaps try with some 720p stuff if this is the case to test it out.

I can stream 1080p with no issues at all both to a wired xbox and the xbox upstairs (connected via home plugs)

Slim

Thanks for the quick response!

I have it wired and it streams 720p with absolutely no problems, so I don't know why it doesn't work! I just got my 1080p 46" so I was hoping it would work. I'm real bummed.

I'm actually on a new MacBook and I've tried both Rivet and Connect360 but both have the same problem and both play 720p perfectly so I didn't think it was a problem with that.

Bandwidth issue?

Unplug everything apart from the laptop and the 360, I'd try directly connecting them. If that doesn't work then one of the two devices, I'd say the MAC, is at fault.

AFAIK the 360 can't natively handle MP4, so it is likely the transcoding can't handle 1080p.

I thought MP4s were compatible, so long as the encoding used the right format? Anyway, if you're using a transcoding program on your PC as opposed to a direct stream, then it's possible your PC may not be fast enough to transcode 1080p stuff on the fly. Using a wired connection should have enough bandwidth for 1080p anyway.

I'm also having problems streaming 1080 stuff via a wired connection. Are there any tutorial guides out there I can check out to see if I am missing something obvious here? I have a fairly high spec PC aswell so that cant be the problem.

You dont need to transcode MP4's at all (or H264, which should be with mp4 extension anyway, dont mistake with X264).

WMV's are also availbale as well (still mp4, by enlarge)

I stream 1080p stuff , from a wired connection without any problems, both to my local wired 360 downstairs, and also via the powerline adapters up to my sons xbox in his room.

Was watching Matrix 1080p last night without issues.

If your transcoding 1080p stuff on the fly on your pc (eg tversity etc) then you will need a very very powerfull PC to transcode 1080p stuff like that, but you dont need Tversity really these days (I never liked it , quality is quite poor I think).

360 now supports H264/MP4/WMV/XVID/MPEG-2 (think that's the lot).
The only one trouble format is x264 at the mo which I would just transcode before playback using gotsent (or the other one I like much better, but cant remeber its name!)

Slim

If your transcoding 1080p stuff on the fly on your pc (eg tversity etc) then you will need a very very powerfull PC to transcode 1080p stuff like that, but you dont need Tversity really these days (I never liked it , quality is quite poor I think).
No Im trying to stream 1080p WMVs via Media centre sharing. It just stutters like crazy. Havent tried any 720p stuff but will do tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom