1080p picture not full screen?

Steviekid

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just upgrader my GFX card from an 8800GT to a 4870X2. My PC was running desktop/blu-ray etc perfectly at 1080p but now with the display set to 1920x1080 via windows and the ATI CCC the picture is boxed on all sides and I can't get it to full screen. I'm running it though a Sony 40W4000 with the pixel ratio at 1:1 (as it's always been) so I don't know what to do!?

Hi, there is a setting in ccc that you need to play with, it adjusts the outputted image to correct for over/underscan to get the picture to fill the screen.

Check the settings one by one as i am not on my HTPC at the moment so can't find out what it's called.

That's excellent, cheers. I though I'd played around with all the settings but missed that. :)

hi, i have a bravia 60EX700, where is that setting to get the display in full screen? please help me.

I just found out it in the remote of the TV. a smal button on the right hand side with a scaling symbol. When press it it gives three option, 1. Normal, 2. Full1, 3. Full2. The full2 make it full screen...I am ok with it now..:)

Thanks for your input

Some cards also have a scaling option preset and you need to turn it off to make sure the image produced is full screened

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom