• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1080p picture not full screen?

Steviekid

Standard Member
I've just upgrader my GFX card from an 8800GT to a 4870X2. My PC was running desktop/blu-ray etc perfectly at 1080p but now with the display set to 1920x1080 via windows and the ATI CCC the picture is boxed on all sides and I can't get it to full screen. I'm running it though a Sony 40W4000 with the pixel ratio at 1:1 (as it's always been) so I don't know what to do!?

dibdab

Established Member
Hi, there is a setting in ccc that you need to play with, it adjusts the outputted image to correct for over/underscan to get the picture to fill the screen.

Check the settings one by one as i am not on my HTPC at the moment so can't find out what it's called.

bashboosh

Standard Member
I just found out it in the remote of the TV. a smal button on the right hand side with a scaling symbol. When press it it gives three option, 1. Normal, 2. Full1, 3. Full2. The full2 make it full screen...I am ok with it now..:)

Thanks for your input

supersi

Standard Member
Some cards also have a scaling option preset and you need to turn it off to make sure the image produced is full screened

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom