Question 1080p Monitor that can be used with Sky via HDMI

S2KI

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents

Apologies if this is a repeated or 'computer newbie" questions.

I am looking for a cheap 15" -22" Monitor that can mounted on the wall above my wife's running machine.

The only requirements are that it can display a 1080p sky signal via HDMI, is cheapish (under £130), and that it is 4cm or thinner. (The thinner the better)

Any help greatfully received. All the LED TV at this size are 5cm plus thick

I'm assuming you want 1920x1080? Other monitors that would come under the TV-style 1080p notation are available (2560x1080) but tend to be more expensive. All monitors are progressive.

It's probably quickest just to trawl through the ones that are for sale rather than hoping someone else has been looking for small monitors under 4cm thick. Many manyfacturers do provide dimensions without stand these days.

Should be doable though, I've had a quick look and came across the Viewsonic VX2263Smhl-W which almost meets your requirements (it's 1mm too thick): ViewSonic VX2263SMHL 22" LED Full HD Monitor at Ebuyer

You shouldn't need anything special for the sky box as far as I'm aware, anything with an HDMI port will have HDCP. It's worth pointing out that not all monitors have speakers though, so if you want sound from the monitor you'll need to add them to your list of requirements.

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I am more than happy to do the leg work and look for slim ones.

I was more worried that the monitor would not display the Sky image over HDMI. Either due to the Hz or HDCP issues.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom