1080p gaming

Zeus0909

Looking for some help, I'm trying to play pc games in 1080p on my 4k TV, I'll set the resolution to 1080p in the games settings but the graphics look washed and blurry, the only resolution that looks good and can maintain a good fps is 1440p but comparing my ps4 with a game I have on pc(far cry new dawn) which outputs 1080p, the ps4 looks much more crisp and sharp, I've messed around with the scaling aspect of the game and gpu but no results, no matter what I do, 1080p resolution looks blurry and washed, almost like its not outputting in 1080p but something like 720p, anyone have any ideas

next010

Distinguished Member
Looking for some help, I'm trying to play pc games in 1080p on my 4k TV, I'll set the resolution to 1080p in the games settings but the graphics look washed and blurry, the only resolution that looks good and can maintain a good fps is 1440p but comparing my ps4 with a game I have on pc(far cry new dawn) which outputs 1080p, the ps4 looks much more crisp and sharp, I've messed around with the scaling aspect of the game and gpu but no results, no matter what I do, 1080p resolution looks blurry and washed, almost like its not outputting in 1080p but something like 720p, anyone have any ideas

1 - make sure your TV is running in PC mode for RGB chroma 444 output.

2 - check your TV's black level is on high/full to match PC output.

3 - disable adaptive resolution scaling within games if they have it.

4 - turn off motion blur in games

5 - apply a little bit of sharpening to the TV picture mode, if 0 is off then try 10-20.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom