1080p flashing

mikey27

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, ive got an optoma hd20 projector. Whenever i use 1080p the picture randomly flashes white! If i use 720p, the picture is fine. My hdmi lead is 10m long.(dont know if that makes a difference).
Any ideas??
Thanks
m

Hi, ive got an optoma hd20 projector. Whenever i use 1080p the picture randomly flashes white! If i use 720p, the picture is fine. My hdmi lead is 10m long.(dont know if that makes a difference).
Any ideas??
Thanks
m

I know that people had problems with cheaper quality hdmi which are of a long length. Might be useful to try it out with a different hdmi lead if you have one spare or can borrow one.

10mtrs is fine with some hdmi leads and not with others,the band width for 1080p is a lot more than 720p.

You have two options,as already suggested try another lead or get a booster which only costs a few pounds and cheaper than an expensive hdmi lead.

The first 10 metre HDMI cable I bought would only pass 720p or 1080i. I spent a bit more on the second (still only around £50 IIRC) for one spec'd as 1080p. I've since run 1080/60p (the highest data rate we currently have) and it worked fine. I'm about to try sending 12 bit 1080/50p or 1080/24p soon, so I hope my cable is upto this (the cable is buried under the floor and in the walls now :eek:).

You can buy a HDMI booster/equalizer. In fact I'm looking for one (just to be on the safe side, plus I need to slightly extend my HDMI cable as I've moved my projector to the top of a bookcase and it only just reaches. If anyone knows where I can get a HDMI 1.3 capable equaliser I'd be happy to know where.:smashin:

The best bet is to plug in a shorter lead to test it. If it does it on another lead then it's not the lead. But it probably is the lead, I had a cheapy one that made all the colours jumble up on screen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom