1080p below 26"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dillo161, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dillo161

dillo161
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi
    just recently my friend bought a 26" toshiba lcd and he said that it wasnt 1080p. i then asked him why he didnt get a 1080p one. he then said that you cannont buy a tv smaller than 32" which is 1080p. this suprised me due to the fact that i have a 21".6 umc lcd which is 1080p. is my tv a fake 1080p?
    i doubt it because i bought it from comet, so can some one tell me who is right, me or my friend.

thanks
    dillo161

2. scimg

scimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

You are right. Your friend if wrong.

3. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You're right. You can buy smaller sets with 1080p. Most people generally don't think they're available as they reckon you won't see the difference between 720p and 1080p which I don't believe since I have a 17" laptop with a 1920x1200 screen and certainly see the difference from 720p.

4. YellowSphere

YellowSphere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    Laptops/computer monitors and televisions are a completely different ballgame. A computer monitor will be viewed from a foot and a half away, a television, much further. Also, dealing with video signals other than things like text and stuff makes a big difference to what your eyes can pick up. Also bear in mind that video signals are all standard resolutions, so ideally you want a set that complies to those, that decent scaling for higher resolution sets is sadly rare, high resolution small panels are either terrible or expensive...

In general, it is a fact that resolution is one of the least important specifications for a good picture on a television.

So you're both right, in a roundabout sort of way.

5. mudstuff

mudstuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sorry, I should have said - that's for video too. I watch a lot of bluray and 720p series on my laptop and you can tell the difference on the 17" and from a good distance too. I also have a 40" TV and can tell the difference on that too. I know a lot of people say it is negligable so each to their own but I certainly see the difference.