1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1080i via DVI on Sharp lc-32GD1E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by skinimin, Aug 6, 2005.

1. skinimin

skinimin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have any 32GD1E owners managed to get 1080i through the DVI input on this set with a PC ( or any other source ) ?
    I have read in other threads on this forum that 1080i through DVI diplays an unsupported mode message on certain sources but will with others.

I have spoken to a dealer who has one on display & he has confirmed that through their HD Satellite feed it will display 720p but not 1080i

I would really like to get one of these sets but I need it to accept 1080i via DVI from a pc with ATI X850 XT PE graphice card

My old Tosh 32WL48 would diplsy anything you threw at it in 1080p

2. ekos

ekos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 37" version of the same model, namely the LC37GD1E and I have been able to get the screen to accept a 1080i signal over DVI (source: Denon A11), although my understanding is that the image is subsequently scaled down to 720p but it does still display full screen. Curiously the way I've managed to get it to work is not detailed in the manual. I need to sit in front of the screen to remember the key strokes on the remote, but if you're still interested I'll add a further posting later on.

3. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why do you want to feed 1080i from your pc exactly? - the correct thing to do is to set the pc output resolution to that of your lcd (or as near as poss) and let the pc do a better job of scaling than the tv will be able to manage.

4. skinimin

skinimin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I've bought one and it's very good, well made & looks great.

The reason I wanted to see if it would take 1080i is that with the Toshiba 32WL48 I had to set the pc resolution to 1080i @ 30hz to get the picture to scale correctly on the screen when playing 1080i material.

When the PC is plugged into the AVC it reports the max res as 1024 X 768 @ 60hz, I guess I'll have to try powerstrip to get native 1366 X 768.

If I bypass the AVC & plug the pc straight into the back of the LCD panel it reports 1366 X 768 @ 60 hz with a rock solid picture . 1080i stuff looks fantastic, no grain or noise etc it blows the Toshiba away.

It would be nice to get native res plugging into the AVC saves faffing around unplugging cables etc. Can anyone recommend powerstrip settings that work

Ekos any advice would be appreciated

Cheers