1080i not working on PTAE900

R

rdatson

Hi,
I have just brought home Denon DVD 1920 to connect to PTAE900 via HDMI, and it works fine in 576p mode, but I cannot get good signal on 760p or 1080i mode. It comes up intermittently, and very poor image, and then goes blank. I am guessing I have a setting incorrect on the Proj, but not sure. Any clues?
Robert.

Are you sure your selecting the hdmi input on your projector as it's source. Normally. HDMI either works perfectly or not at all. If the lead is overlong or of poor quality you might get sparkles which look like snow on the screen but the underlining image should still be sharp.

Disconnect every other input source to the PJ and then try the hdmi cable again.

If the cable is poor enough then the picture will fail completely, so It does sound like a dodgy cable is a possibility. A faulty DVD Player or PJ is also possible - you need to try with another device/cable to narrow it down.

This could be entirely irrelevant, but worth a thought: On my old AE500 (DVI connection) there are a couple of settings in Options called EDID 1 and EDID 2. I don't know what these mean, but 1080i will only work over one of them (EDID 1, I think). I found this out using my Samsung upscaling disc player. Is there maybe something similar on the AE900 (or is EDID only relevant to DVI...)?

Thanks for the answers, I'll try what I can tonight.
Do you think that if the proj works with 576p through HDMI, and pressing the button on the DVD player tht changes it to 760p and 1080i causes the problem, it is likely to be the cable? Surely if the cable is dodgy then the signal should be dodgy for all sources. Sounds like it might be the proj.
Robert.

no it could definitely be the cable from what I've read, how long is it?

I think 1080i over anything longer than 15m or so starts to get very dodgy unless you spend a lot on a high quality cable

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom