1080 Projectors under £1500 anytime soon?

nigel77

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking to upgrade my PJ but I have a limited budget. I know that resolution isn't as important as some make out when it comes to picture quality but I would still like to hold out for either a sub £1500 1080 PJ (with 24fps support) or a DILA 720p projector again if you think JVC or Sony will release one. I like the idea of LCOS technology over either LCD/DLP as they seem to offer more contrast without dot crawl or RBE etc.

Please help

thanks

Nigel

1080P under £1500 will be here before the end of the year.

Most likely probably a cut-price HC5000 to make way for its replacement or a bargain priced Optoma HD80.

JVC or Sony will never bother with making 720P LCOS front projection.

720P LCOS front projection is a bit like the dream of budget priced 720P 3 chip DLPs. It simply won't happen.

when the price is right (for me), I'll be going for either the HC5000 or the HD80. Does anybody know if the HC3000 is hdmi 1.3?

you can get one now - try HIVizone.

you can get the AE1000 with 24frame support for just over a tad over £1500

As far as i know there is no need for hdmi 1.3, read an article or long forum post somewhere.

The jist of it is, deepcolor isn't gonna happen anytime soon as the masters don't use that level of colour depth, and i don't think pc graphics card even go to that level of colour depth (not for gaming anyway).

Digitial Audio to the reciever ain't gonna matter as its gonna be processed onboard the player for the percieveable future, as the 'advanced' tracks of HD audio is a mix of tracks done on the fly. Not that this matters for a projector anway.

There is a lip sync thing in there too but it ain't happening yet, but worth looking forward to.

I have a Yamaha derivative of the HC3000 and it produces a brilliant picture, so much so i need to upgrade my DVD player as some older content really looks shoddy compared to more modern or revived stuff. Although only 720p its an fantasic piece of kit, in low lamp mode its practicaly silent in my living room (although the fridge in the 'kitchenette' makes a bit of a racket). Having not seen any of the current crop of 1080p models i can't say if they are better, the only small bad thing I can say about the yamaha and i guess HC3000 is that the blacks are a touch too greyer than i'd want (which would be perfect black ...) but this is on a cheapo matt white screen and is a significant step up from my Infocus X1 in everyway.

Right! Finger is now hovering over the BUY (pay in 12 months!) button for the HD80. Is this projector going to have a change in price anytime soon? Is there any new developments in the pipeline that will start a new "price war"? I accept (having purchased several new TV's in the last 18 months) that we are always losing in regard to the changes that are made to the RRP of these products. But is anything dramatic going to happen? Cheers

The prices are likly to go down as new models have been anounced by pretty much everyone, but these are probably replace the original rrp of the current models rather than being the same price on launch as the bargins that are arround now.

Most things in the pj world are incremental, but these new models do sound special, but how they actualy perform and are worth the extra is anyones guess.

Most companies are probably getting rid of the current stock of existing 1080p and 720p models at the super cheap prices, that won't be repeated until summer next year, or thats how it normaly happens anyway.

You could instead if your uncertin and feel the need to buy something now get one of the £600-700 720p models and then get one of the newer 1080p models this time next year for the £1 - 1.5k.

The projectors are only gonna get better and cheaper, so if you don't buy right now your not gonna miss out overall, but you might miss out on these short term end of line offers.

The prices are likly to go down as new models have been anounced by pretty much everyone, but these are probably replace the original rrp of the current models rather than being the same price on launch as the bargins that are arround now.

The projectors are only gonna get better and cheaper, so if you don't buy right now your not gonna miss out overall, but you might miss out on these short term end of line offers.
:)
Amen to that!
here is some up to date consumer prices in japan from today!

Mitsubishi HC-5000= 259000 yen (1106£)
Mitsubishi HC-6000= 368000 yen (1572£)
Epson TW-1000 = 26800 yen (1145£)
Epson TW-2000 = 349000 yen (1491£)
Sony vpl-vw60 = 368000 yen (1572£)

Maybe we will see some nice European prices soon!

www.idealo.de

Is this a discount due to anoucments at the trade events currently on, state side, or is it just an attempt to under cut the competion?

It's because it's about to be replaced by the ae2000, which, if the new Sanyo comes to market at a fair price ( which it probably will ) will be no more expensive than this.
I think the last generation of 1080p projectors were all overpriced in the UK ( even more so than normal ) largely because Sanyo didn't have a model.
Now Sanyo will introduce the z2000 at £2500 just to make me look stupid:rolleyes:

sahara
Do you work for some global cartel with vested interest in price comparison sites :D
Every post has so far included a link to one!

hehe he hell no! :rotfl: that was fun!
im just a normal techfreak being so incredibly tired of the "european rippoff" especially in the projector markets theres no pressure amongst the dealers!
(maybe not amongst the manufactors either?)

but in US there its quite a difference i mind you,maybe in time (2011? :boring:) we will see some competition all over europe with "euro warranty" as a norm.that would bee something ha?

dont UK have some nice pricetools/sites?
i have only find idealo.uk
but i dont list many shops...

:beer: /cheers sahara_desert

just read on avs that panasonic have put a msrp of $5999 on the ae2000! doesnt bode well for the uk.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom