1080 HD TV with recordable USB please

jontygee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

my old bedroom TV has conked out. It was an old one, not digital and I have a sky box in the bedroom (multiroom) from which I watched the TV.

I am looking for a new TV and I am hoping someone can advise how I can find one that is 1080p HD ready, has built in freeview (hd preferably) and has a recordable USB.

I know you will tell me I can record on my sky hd box and I know that is correct, but I work most Saturdays and like to record various sports channels whilst away so I can watch as much sport as possible. So currently I use sky recording for 2 channels and then record a 3rd channel on an old video recorder on a different TV set. I know it is sad, but that's me!!

I am hoping to get a recordable USB TV (24 -26 inches) so I can do away with the video. But, apart form finding a TV that is 1080p, with freeview and has a recordable USB, i am having doubts whether my plan will work, for the following reasons.

Obviously I currently have no external aerial into my TV as it is connected to the sky box, so without an external aerial will I be able to get freeview on the new TV??? Or if I buy a decent internal aerial will that do the trick??

Secondly, if recording freeview, do you have to actually have the TV switched on i.e showing the picture, or will it record off standby mode??

As you can tell I am a novice, so any advice about a) recordable USB TVs - I have looked at many but the tech specs invariably do not mention whether recording via USB is applicable and b) getting freeview picture and recording it on USB would be gratefully received

Many thanks

Hi.
There's no point in 1080p as there are no broadcasts to that standard.
Of course you need an aerial and an indoor one might do if you're in a very strong FV area, and if a TV will record it will do so either on or off.
Logiciel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom