1080/50 playback

Kathy

Banned
Sorry if this seems out of place here as it crosses two forums, but I was looking to get an HD camcorder and checking for information from the camcorder forums and came across a statement that no current HD DVD players support 1080/50

Is this correct ?

For me this would be important for making mini HD DVDs (DVDs with about 20 mins of HD material) from personal camcorder sources)

The alternative would seem to be importing a camcorder with 1080/60 and be assured of getting support on playback.

I have an E1 already and am more than happy with the performance on purchased films.

Rob100

Yes that's correct.

If I was buying a HD camcorder there's no way I'd buy a "UK" model. Get one from US or JP.

You can get about 40 mins of HD on a standard DVD which will playback on Toshiba HD DVD players.

P

Peter Galbavy

I went for a Canon HV20 from the US, this being one of the reasons. The other being the good reviews and the 24p capabilities. I have yet to actually produce a "mini HD" disc, but that's another story :)

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
I thought 50Hz capabilities were being added in Dec firmwares for HD DVD.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom