1040 Reviews now online!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Phil Hinton, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,444
    Dear AV Forums Readers,

In less than two and a half years we have managed to review over 1040 DVD's from all regions for you. This started off as an experiment in 2003 by Stuart and myself to see if the reviews would be popular, most of the first 150 odd reviews were written by just one reviewer. Over time we have seen reviewers come and go and today we have 10 dedicated reviewers bringing you the very latest releases, as well as the classics that should not be missed.

So at this juncture I want to thank all the reviewers, old and new, for their hardwork and commitment in what is an unpaid role. I want to thank our sponsors - old and new - for helping provide the discs for review. And I want to thank YOU for reading the reviews, hopefully you all enjoy the work that goes into them, which it would appear is the case as the number of hits rises rapidly.

So thank you all for reading and enjoying the reviews, we have lots of new features and reviews coming very soon so stay tuned! :clap:

2. KevD

KevD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,563
    Look foward to seeing future reviews of DVDs on the forum, they are much appreciated :thumbsup: , as they often are the basis for buying (or not buying!) many titles that I would normally dither about. :rotfl:
    Thanks for all the hard work yourself and the other reviewers put in to them :smashin:

3. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    I second the above, keep up the good work.

4. Simon Crust

Simon Crust
    Movie Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,686
    Thanks Phil, it really is a pleasure to work here.

Of the three online sites I've worked for, AVForums is by far and away the most professional and dedicated of them all.

So, I'd like to thank you, the site and the readers for allowing me to continue doing what I enjoy the most, watching and writing about DVD's.

Simon

5. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    Thank you to all you guys for spending time on reviewing dvd's, you are all stars and deserve a round of applause. [​IMG]

6. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Yep, damn fine reviews, have I am sure governed quite a few DVD purchases from many a member over the years. :smashin: