• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

103" panasonic

fondiler

Standard Member
Hi

I have just got back from the AV tech event in weybridge and they had the giant panasonic 103" plasma. I was totaly gobsmacked it actually had a very good picture and was showing a blueray trailer via a PS3. Apparently it uses the same pixel size as the 55" plasma's. Anyway I just had to tell someone, i came home all excited but the wife was impressed :)

It costs £50,000 :eek:

http://www.engadgethd.com/media/2006/07/panasonic-1031.jpg

cebs_uk

HI,

I worked with one of these on a roadshow in Feb, on our rig days I had the hd trailers for 300, spidey3 and ff2 showing via dvi and they did look very nice.

Wonder how long before the price drops to a grand for a 100" set?

Cebs

fondiler

Standard Member
See i told you i was so excited :) couldnt type straight

Black Adder

Hi

I have just got back from the AV tech event in weybridge and they had the giant panasonic 103" plasma. I was totaly gobsmacked it actually had a very good picture and was showing a blueray trailer via a PS3. Apparently it uses the same pixel size as the 55" plasma's. Anyway I just had to tell someone, i came home all excited but the wife was impressed :)

It costs £50,000 :eek:

http://www.engadgethd.com/media/2006/07/panasonic-1031.jpg

Well in all seriousness who is going to want or need a 103" screen unless you have a lounge the size of the Grosvenor House Hotel Ballroom?

How 'good' it is is all pretty irrelevant isn't it?

andyr300

iv sat in a shop and watched it from not too far away and it was fine,wouldnt want anything less than HD though!

Steve Zodiac

...Apparently it uses the same pixel size as the 55" plasma's...
Actually the pixels are around 30% bigger than those on the 55" screens - but they do appear to be good value at just over 20p each...until take into account there's over 2 million of them to pay for!

cebs_uk

You are right about need HD.

At another venue using the same kit, one rig set all the kit out to run composite.

They down scaled vga and ran that out to 2 63" and a 103" and when the client commented on how bad the graphics looked the tech's wondered why !!

The funniest bit was that they has a cable trunk full of vga but never used it.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom