103" Panasonic Plasma - can we save her?

scottiescotland

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have been 'gifted' a 103" Panasonic Plasma - TH-103PF10EK to be precise........but after plugging it in, I find that it doesn't work :suicide:

Wondered if any of you gurus can help?

It powers on, no image, fans start and it all sounds like it is all going to plan then there is a buzzing sound, kinda like a stuck solenoid or something.....still no image, so I power it off for damage limitation.

I spoke to a nice helpful chap who says it may be the "Sustain Boards' and that it will need the X-board and the Y-board changing as they are causing a short and feeding back through the power supply and parts are not available as they were specially made under licence"
Firstly, I am no expert and I don't really have a clue, so forgive me if any of that was gobbledegook!

Can anyone help with this?
She's a lovely bit of kit and I'd really hate to see her go in the skip......
Thank you in advance if you write a reply, and thank you for reading this far if you are not able to help.....

Rgs
Scott

This model number rang a bell, so I did a quick search and it looks like @cydavidho has a similar TV...

...and has also had issues with it. Maybe he could offer some advice about the practicalities of maintaining such a large plasma ?

Upvote 0
I remember when it was first released and I started a thread on it.

It requires two plugs and cost thousands to even have a house survey when new prior to installation.

It was all quite amusing at the time - seems long ago now.

Upvote 0
Sorry I am late. Just saw this post in 2023. Has the problem been fixed?

Do you have any good contact you can share to fix this TV?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom