1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

101cd.com

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by doctorjuggles, May 31, 2005.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I swear these clowns are scan.co.uk in disguise.
    I ordered Layer Cake from them three weeks ago, and the only correspondence I've had from them was a few minutes later to tell me they'd taken my money, with a link to the transaction itself.
    Looking at the order, it's said "In Process - On Order with our Suppliers" for the entire three weeks.

Worse still is the fact that they're still selling the DVD on their website at the discounted price, even though they clearly don't have any stock, so I'd imagine they're building up some customer satisfaction with others right now too.

It's my experience in my 5 years of purchasing online that the speed at which the product is delivered to you is inversely proportional to the speed at which they take your money.

I won't be using them again, that's for sure. Well done on attracting customers and then proving to them why it's better to pay that extra pound.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I've never had any trouble with them, there is occasionally a fairly long lead time on some stuff as you've found but it always turns up. :)

3. biglebowski

biglebowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the same until someone pointed out that it does state on the page describing layer cake that it won't be shipped till the end of the month.
    It's the same deal on Sendit.com. Something about it being a promotional thing.

4. keaton

keaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While it may have been juggles error in not realizing that it dosn't come out until the end of the month, the website should have made it a little clearer to him and certainly should not have ignored his correspondence. I will keep it in mind in case I ever need to buy something more important, like a gift, that needs proper delivery and customer support, from 101cd

5. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I've bought 21 DVDs & CDs from them.
    My experiances have been good.
    They do suffer from long delivery times sometimes but they have never debited my card until the item ships. Infact it states that on my confirmation email.

My Layer Cake is being despatched today.

6. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    At the end of April they had 24 Series 3 for £17.98. After placing the order, it showed up on the account page as out of stock. I dropped them an email on the 12th of May asking when they were likely to get more stock in and got the 'apology for the delay' email. I then had another from them on the 23rd of May saying:

Not very impressed considering it was available to order at the time and didn't state it was limited stock :mad:

7. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    They claimed to have sent my Iron Maiden shirt two weeks ago but still no sign of it. They now say I need to wait for another couple of weeks before they can hassle the post office about it! You don't get this hassle from CD Wow that's for sure!

8. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I still have an order pending with them from early January... I would cancel it, but I'm curious to see how long they'll let it sit there before either cancelling it or sending me the item.

9. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,087
    Moved to DVD supplier forum.

Greg