100th Window - Massive Attack

They tried to get her for teardrop on mezzanine but she had other commitments. Liz Frazer ?( i think, Cockto twins singer)
did a great job anyhow

Originally posted by Wilf
They tried to get her for teardrop on mezzanine but she had other commitments. Liz Frazer ?( i think, Cockto twins singer)
did a great job anyhow

Being a huge Cocteaus fan im glad she was busy for Teardrop, that track would not have worked as well (IMHO) with Ms OConnor at the helm, Squirrel anytime your listening to 100th Window and hear a female warbling away in any track it is Sinead OConnor she is in quite a few tracks, not my cup of tea as I have said but luckily there are a few other decent tracks to keep the album flying, if you are a Sinead OC fan then it is even better.

Originally posted by CJROSS
Cocteaus.

Appologies for my pathetic attempt at spelling that. Surprised you understood me:blush:

She was pregnant when she recorded it, which i think had a influence of the video. which is very special if not a bit scary

I didn't realise the album was copy protected at first, as it played in my Mac using iTunes just fine (my amp is in for upgrade so I am stuck with just my PC's for music at the moment).

Anyway, when I tried on my PC later I was shocked at the awful quality their CD player produces, sounds absolute rubbish and massively compressed, but then the bit rate was about 47kbs and unadjustable.

Anyway iTunes had no trouble with it, so I just xferred the mp3's across my network to my PC and now they play fine (and much better) at a decent bitrate in WMP. I have never swapped music files with anyone or given away songs I copy to my PC, I'm not interested at all in that as I like to support the music I enjoy in order that more will be made. However, it really gets on my nerves when I am stuck with an album I couldn't even effectively listen to (and I know my PC soundsystem is crappy compared to my Denon/M&K combo but it's better than my Mac speakers).

It is kind of boring, nothing new in here.
You can only compare it to the new Underworld CD,
two great groups that are over their peak.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom