100m of 2.5mm2 speaker cable for £38

WoodyAllen

Novice Member
If you looking for some cheap (good/reasonable quality?) speaker cable, this may be of interest:

TRANSPARENT HEAVY DUTY SPEAKER CABLE
High quality flexible speaker cable in transparent sheath. Stranded OFC conductors. Red polarity indicators. Supplied on 100Mtr roll.

http://www.avbits.com/acatalog/loudspeaker-cable.html

I've just ordered 100m; never used them before so can't comment on service etc.. Also ordered some gold-plated banana plugs for 80p each. :smashin:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
from what i ca m ake out the 2.5 mm transparent on that link is £51.60 a 100m roll ?

what am i missing heh :confused:

WoodyAllen

Novice Member
Shusssh...don't tell them.. When you add to the basket it shows a price of £37.75 My order has been confirmed and shipped at this price; extract of order confirmation:

__Lines Ordered_____________________________

TRANSPARENT HEAVY DUTY SPEAKER CABLE

(csa - Cross Sectional Area: 2.5mm² £44.36)

Unit Price: £37.75 TotalCost £37.75

I should get it in next day or two...

regards

jmacc

Distinguished Member
what did u get charged on ur card m8 ?:confused: :D :nono:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
coosts 15 buks to get it sent to my area thas way to much, works out at over 55 quid with there cockup so if they see they made a cock up and add more thats over 60 bucks...

i found the same stuff else where and got it for 50 including free next day deliver :)

WoodyAllen

Novice Member
Charged 37.75 + 10 delivery. Cable arrived yesterday: 'looks' good (don't know what is sounds like yet; will hook-up later today). 2x326x0.1mm conductors. Looks like Gale XL315 except the 3mm spacer is absent between the 2 conductors.

Good find: I like free delivery; what's the web-link?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
hi m8,
it is http://www.ecwuk.com/
you have to order via phone call i think, i did anyway..

really helpfull guys on the other end tho

cheers james

WoodyAllen

Novice Member
good site for future ref, thanks. Exact same cable by the way. I wired the 5.1 system up last night; definately a different sound from the cabletalk 3 but I put this down to changing speaker arrangements (closer to wall; more bass). Can't complain for the price...

Cheng

How guys,

Just wondering if you guys would have any spare?
I'm looking for probably around 10-20m of the 2.5mm stuff,but obviously wouldn't need 100m of it!

Cheers,

Cheng

jmacc

Distinguished Member
you cab buy it by the metre from the site in the link i pasted

cheers

Cheng

Yeah I suppose, but wouldn't you guys have some spare, if you've bought 100m ? :) Cos then it would be like 50p a metre, rather than £1.25! And ridding you guys of any spare cable that you don't need!

jmacc

Distinguished Member
sorry m8 i have about 50m left and its allways good o have some spair.

cheers

p.s try the forsale forum.. ;)

SimonST

Distinguished Member
sorry m8 i have about 50m left and its allways good o have some spair.

cheers

p.s try the forsale forum.. ;)
Maybe your i1/accessories are hidden under all of this spare cable, with everything else that never got used :rolleyes: