1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100Hz newbie - Help on purchase

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by YellowStreak, Oct 11, 2004.

1. YellowStreak

YellowStreak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, first time posting, hope you guys can help me out.

I've had a 28" 50Hz Hitachi set for about 4 years that has just died. I'm running Sky+ and our picture quality is excellent. I'm looking to replace and thought I'd upgrade to a 100Hz. We have a smallish living room so I want to stick with a 28" as a 32" would just be too big.

I had a browse around the internet and came upon the 28PW9309 but was unimpressed by the lack of RGB SCARTs so settled on the 28PW9509 as being my upgrade of choice. I've been to Comet, Currys, John Lewis etc and they all only seem to have the 32". In all cases however, the picture in these shops has been truly dreadful. I'm really unsure now about buying a TV that seems to have half the picture quality for twice the price of my old Hitachi. Also, I cannot find any reviews/comments on the 28" version of this set. I've also just read elsewhere on this forum that you won't really see any benefit of the 100hz on a 28" screen.Is this true?

Does anyone out there own a 28PW9509 who can put my mind at rest that I'm not going to be buying a duffer?

Thanks in advance

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Might be better keeping your old TV 100Hz is only any use if you notice flicker

3. YellowStreak

YellowStreak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Infortunately keeping my old TV is looking like not being an option. It keeps turning itself off for no apparent reason and last night it took me half an hour to get it to come off stand-by and actually turn on! Are the benefits of pixel plus not really evident at the lower screen size either then?