100hz hmmm

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Bob Todd, Sep 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +369
    From my POV it appears most of you guys cream for it, but then when you spend the extra few hundred quid for it, many of you complain it causes more visual flaws then it solves.

is it really worth it on an LCD or is the technology not refined enough yet?

2. fxytimi

fxytimi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    its worth it, it use will actually use it to your advantage for example gaming and fast moving motion, i haven't seen any motion blur with my lxd70 none at all. so im happy.

3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I have seen many tv's with 100Hz and without.So there is definitely BIG IMPROVEMENT on fast moving scenes,sportsetc.

4. CHFels

CHFels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    The complaints mainly concern watching DVDs or HD discs, they say the motion interpolation spoils the "cinematic" feel of the movie. I haven't experienced it, b/c I have a plasma, but I *have* seen what motion blur on an LCD is like (in stores), and it's worth it to have a gizmo that gets rid of (most of) it if possible.

CHFels

5. davejm

davejm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I think the majority of people are happy that the 100hz processing feature is here. It's generally agreed that the technology works to a certain extent, but it's still in it's infancy. As CHFels mentioned, there are downsides to it at the moment and it isn't a perfect solution.

6. hamster

hamster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Most of the sets out there use a Micronas IC that only does horizontal motion and does the frame interpolation seemingly with SD frames inserted. It also gets a bit pushed when there's a lot of motion. The IFA demos from most setmakers were very careful to use quite undemanding content.

There are some awesome chips in the pipeline from a number of suppliers which will be out in 2008 which interpolate in HD, and can handle motion in all axes. If your set hasn't actually popped, then I'd be tempted to wait as it's a field that's developing extremely rapidly.