1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100Hz 28" vs 28" with better sound

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by yarg, Nov 13, 2002.

1. yarg

yarg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm just a newbie looking for a bit of advice:

After quite a bit of looking around at various models (and more importantly prices!) I've come to a bit of a stalemate. Is it worth getting a 28" with 100Hz (looking at something like the Toshiba 28ZD26) or is it better to go with a 50Hz model with better sound options (the Toshiba is only Nicam). I do have a very low end Dolby Digital surround sound setup at the moment (a Creative Labs effort) which I would probably upgrade eventually anyway. The main reason for asking is that I get the impression that 100Hz is somewhat wasted on a screen that's only 28" big. Is that right?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

PS The TV would mostly be used for watching DVDs and sports coverage.

2. sambullet

sambullet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    100 Hz do have their problems and you can get some decent 50 Hz ones Look at the JVC AV28 T25 or better still the 32 " model from Alleders for 800 with 5 year warranty

3. yarg

yarg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate....

the r25 JVC is the Dolby Prologic model right? Well the 32" is available from PRC Direct for £675. Might see myself spending a little extra on that, but I would love to get something with 100Hz pictures (ie Tosh 32ZD26!) Bring on the Christman bonus!

Cheers
    G

4. sambullet

sambullet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PRC charge delivery of 40 -50 pounds and they oofer either 14 or 28 warranty and the remainder is from the manufacturer. When I phoned up they fobbed me off a little when I asked about what would happen if the set went wrong. Go to Allders I got mine from there and it is preety cheap

5. yarg

yarg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard quite a bit on the PRC issue. If I do end up going for that model (so many choices, so little money!), I'd probably end up getting it from unbeatable.co.uk After delivery charges are added on, they only turn out to be £4 more than PRC, and I've heard, and read, much better things about their service levels.

Where is "Allders"? I've never heard of them...are they an on-line retailer?

Cheers
    G