1000 thread count bedding... worth it?

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Happy to let ya know if you want to send me a set :D

All joking aside I am not sure but I am sure will probably need some extra care when washing.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Im sure thé label will havé care instructions.

Probabalby no shagging as well:D

Atavus

Try to get some actual recommendations. High thread count claims are not always completely honest or accurate.

blue max

Distinguished Member
I got some of this bedding in the sale last year:
Pure Egyptian Cotton 230 Thread Count Fitted Sheet with StayNEW™ | M&S

It got pretty good reviews and I'm very pleased with it. The higher thread count ones didn't do quite as well. Maybe the expectation was too high.

I don't iron it and it's fine. I found the deep fitted sheet was a great fit for my deeper mattress. I actually ordered the extra deep, but it was much too deep. I tried a couple of other manufacturers that were awful and never really fitted.

I have a couple more sets too, so I'm set for the rest of my life if you excuse the pun!

Sonic67

Banned
What does thread count really mean?

So how are counts such as 800 or 1,200, which some manufacturers claim, even possible? How could you fit that many threads into a single inch? The short answer is you can't. "Some manufacturers use creative math to boost thread count," explains Consumer Reports [source: Consumer Reports].

Tempest

Distinguished Member
I was always under the impression that if you wanted the best feeling in bed, you got Silk sheets.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I bought Egyptian cotton sheets from M&S and really did not like them at all, they were stiff and cold went for micofibre sheets instead much more cosy.

jenam93

Forget looking specifically for Egyptian cotton.... a lot of it has never even seen Egypt!

Higher thread count generally suggests the cotton is long and thin so when woven gives that more dense and luxurious feel.

Also check what materials are actually used as it might be 20% cotton and 80% polyester.

Some people buy good quality, even pre- owned, Irish linen. Made using flax fibre.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom