Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

$1000 For 3 Chip 4500 Ansi. Is It?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ryan AUS AV TEC, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Ryan AUS AV TEC

Ryan AUS AV TEC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me how much greater the is quality of the NEC XT5000 to normal single chip DLPs. It is for sale on ebay and I would like any further information regarding this unit. It has 4500 lumens which sounds good, but I just dont know about the quality.

click URL

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...RK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    You won't get a sensible answer in General Chat forum as they only deal in sex, drugs and rock n roll there so I have transferred the thread here instead.

3. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like the suggestion that I am in any way sensible, but the manual can be found here: http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corpus/E/P/XT5000E_3.pdf

And don't the pictures look like there is a blue discolouration at the top left of the image?

50db will be a fare old noise aswell if you're planning on sharing the room with this.

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    never crossed my mind... :D

good spot, yes it looks like there is (but it looks green to me)

What was that again? ;)

...PJ

PS this thread is also running at the bottom of the "what £1000 PJ?" thread, and I think it's in the Home Cinema Forum too...