1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 watt speakers and P1

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by barnythebear, Apr 26, 2005.

1. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have speakers rated 50 - 200 watts at 8 ohms with a nominal 6 ohm load and a sensitivity of 84db, could I drive these with P1's? I think the speakers are generally quoted as being 100 watts and the P1's would appear to be too powerful. Am I OK to go for the P1's or am I going to have problems? Or, am I just getting it roung my neck!

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    They are certainly not too powerful, in fact given your speaker's low sensitivity I would wonder whether the P1s are really good enough to get the best out of them. Are you talking about the Xens, if so then the P1s wouold be a good match, if something larger and with the same low sensitivity then I would maybe look at something more powerful like maybe the MF A5 series or the KW500 series.

3. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Crustyloafer. Yes it is the Xens. I'm running them biamped at the moment with the AVR300 for HF and the P25/3 for LF. There is a C30 and P1's from you lot at Sevenoaks on ebay! I saw you were running a MF 308 is this a good option?