100 Volt Speaker Line

B

brathnach

hey guys,

I'm currently installing a 100V speaker system in my tearoom & tiolets. Now I would have 3 zones in my tearoom (zone as in an area i want to control the volume independently - not the content) and then 1 zone in my tiolets. I have 2 x 6W 100V speakers in each zone. i.e. 12 Watts per zone.

I have bought a 120W - 100V output amp and also 4 x 12W volume control attenuators. I havent installed one of these systems before but my query is in relation to how I wire from the amp to the speakers - i.e. the volume controls.

My idea was to connect up the 4 x 12W attenuators in parallel. i.e. the input for each volume control is connected to the one output of the amp. Then from each of the volume controls I would connect up the 2 x 6W speakers (2 speakers in parallel of course)

Am I correctly setting this up?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Also is a volume control and an attenuator as they are called by lay man's terms the same thing?? I understand what an attenuator does and what a volume control does - but would I need any form of a fixed attenuator here due to the higher wattage rating of the amp (120W) with respect to the total speaker load (48Watts)

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom