100 Volt Speaker Line



hey guys,

I'm currently installing a 100V speaker system in my tearoom & tiolets. Now I would have 3 zones in my tearoom (zone as in an area i want to control the volume independently - not the content) and then 1 zone in my tiolets. I have 2 x 6W 100V speakers in each zone. i.e. 12 Watts per zone.

I have bought a 120W - 100V output amp and also 4 x 12W volume control attenuators. I havent installed one of these systems before but my query is in relation to how I wire from the amp to the speakers - i.e. the volume controls.

My idea was to connect up the 4 x 12W attenuators in parallel. i.e. the input for each volume control is connected to the one output of the amp. Then from each of the volume controls I would connect up the 2 x 6W speakers (2 speakers in parallel of course)

Am I correctly setting this up?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Also is a volume control and an attenuator as they are called by lay man's terms the same thing?? I understand what an attenuator does and what a volume control does - but would I need any form of a fixed attenuator here due to the higher wattage rating of the amp (120W) with respect to the total speaker load (48Watts)


The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom